Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2" to 3/4"

1. Back To Top    #1

2" to 3/4"

I have 2 inch plumbing. Everywhere. I am installing 4x pentair deck jets II that each have a 3/4 inch pipe fitting. My plan is to build a 2 inch plumbing loop with 4x "T"s coming off of it. Each of the Ts will be followed by a 3/4 inch valve to control flow to each jet.

Problem. I can't seem to find Ts that reduce 2 inches into 3/4 inch. I know I can buy reducers, but I'd have to buy lots of them, ie 2 inch to 1.5 inch to 1 inch to 3/4 inch. Times 4!!!

Am I thinking about this correctly? Is there an easier way to build this?

Thanks for the advice.

JF

13.5k gallons, IG, Vinyl, Hayward C3030 Cartridge, Hayward Tristar 3/4hp single speed, Hayward T-15 SWG, Hayward P4 automation, 234 sqft Solex Solar panels. April 2013 construction, Dolphin DX4 robot, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jets 2.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2" to 3/4"

Where are you trying to find the fittings?

Plumbing specialty stores will have a better selection closer to what you need.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JFB
    I have 2 inch plumbing. Everywhere. I am installing 4x pentair deck jets II that each have a 3/4 inch pipe fitting. My plan is to build a 2 inch plumbing loop with 4x "T"s coming off of it. Each of the Ts will be followed by a 3/4 inch valve to control flow to each jet.

Problem. I can't seem to find Ts that reduce 2 inches into 3/4 inch. I know I can buy reducers, but I'd have to buy lots of them, ie 2 inch to 1.5 inch to 1 inch to 3/4 inch. Times 4!!!

Am I thinking about this correctly? Is there an easier way to build this?

Thanks for the advice.

There are Tees that the side leg is a smaller diameter. This one is even threaded, so you just screw in a reducer bushing and go.

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

1.5 inch T's with 3/4 stubs are common, so you might consider doing a stub reduced to 1.5 inch with a series of 1.5 inch / 3/4 inch T's
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

I had no problem getting a 2" to 3/4" threaded reducer at Lowe's or home depot. One part, less than a buck. Glue right into the tee fitting.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

My Rona (kinda Home Depot) and Home Depot do not carry these... Nor do any of my pool stores. I feel like a freak when I ask. They look at me and say "what the **** you tryin' to do?" Like I am from Mars or something. I feel like I'm the only one in my area to ever put in some deck jets! If anyone finds a US site that offers these PVC fittings, or has a better idea on how to proceed with this idea of mine, please post link!

Thanks.

JF
    JF

13.5k gallons, IG, Vinyl, Hayward C3030 Cartridge, Hayward Tristar 3/4hp single speed, Hayward T-15 SWG, Hayward P4 automation, 234 sqft Solex Solar panels. April 2013 construction, Dolphin DX4 robot, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jets 2.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by JFB
    My Rona (kinda Home Depot) and Home Depot do not carry these... Nor do any of my pool stores. I feel like a freak when I ask. They look at me and say "what the **** you tryin' to do?" Like I am from Mars or something. I feel like I'm the only one in my area to ever put in some deck jets! If anyone finds a US site that offers these PVC fittings, or has a better idea on how to proceed with this idea of mine, please post link!

Thanks.

JF
    https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/AGI..._code=WWG5WNZ0
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

8. Back To Top    #8

:P

Richard. As always, you are too much help. I don't really need this forum... I just need access to you 24/7 !!!

Thanks a million. I will order ASAP!

JF
    JF

9. Back To Top    #9

I have found there are something's that Lowes carry that HD doesn't. I find I need to go to Lowes when I can't find it at HD. I had this same issue with a specific type of irrigation pipe.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

10. Back To Top    #10

My local Lowes stocks these for less than $2 each (2x2x3/4). The 3/4 part comes in threaded or slip. They also carry a 2" to 3/4" bushing, threaded or slip. http://www.lowes.com/pd_317748-1815-401 ... facetInfo=
    17x37 IG vinyl, Grecian style, 20k gal, Hayward DE4800, Hayward Super Pump II 1 hp, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator, 6 Vortex 4x10 solar panels, Aquabot Turbo, Dolphin M5, loop-loc mesh cover

11. Back To Top    #11

Cant help with the fittings and pipe, but I am interested in your install of the pentair deck jets as I am planning the same can you please keep us updated on your install with some photos....Thanks.
    24,000 gallon vinyl, 2 main drains, 2 skimmers, 4 returns, 2 inch pipe suction, 1.5 inch return. Pentair VS pump, Pentair IC-40 SWG, Pentair SD-80 filter. TF-100.