Aqualink RS-6 52 Pin Pool / Spa Combo

Jul 14, 2013
Recently my RS-6 has stopped working. I had placed the pool in Service Mode to backwash and when I went to switch it back to Auto, the lights would not change.

I've tried hitting the reset on the front as well as turning it off and on from the house breaker. The only change now is that it does not light up at all.

I have checked the fuse on the back and that is good. I have also checked the wires going into and out of the transformer and the voltage looks good.

Is there anything that I'm missing? I've seen replacements online for about $400. Do I just need to bite the bullet and get a new one?

The unit is about 6 years old.

Thanks,

Guy

I had given up my Aqualink as dead, so I contacted the seller poolbuilder500 (John) on e-bay to get some help determining the specific chipset to replace. I was planning on making the purchase using his e-bay store.

John, emailed me his phone number and walked me through some additional steps to help solve the problem. I have included them below in case anyone else has a similar issue.

1. Disconnect all of the relays from the board except for the power and try to re-start. This was to make sure that the issue was not linked to an electrical problem with one of the attached parts.

2. Remove the board from the bezel and re-seat the rubber membrane for the buttons. (This ended up solving my issue).

John really went above and beyond to help me out.

Guy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.