Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqualink RS-6 52 Pin Pool / Spa Combo

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqualink RS-6 52 Pin Pool / Spa Combo

Recently my RS-6 has stopped working. I had placed the pool in Service Mode to backwash and when I went to switch it back to Auto, the lights would not change.

I've tried hitting the reset on the front as well as turning it off and on from the house breaker. The only change now is that it does not light up at all.

I have checked the fuse on the back and that is good. I have also checked the wires going into and out of the transformer and the voltage looks good.

Is there anything that I'm missing? I've seen replacements online for about $400. Do I just need to bite the bullet and get a new one?

The unit is about 6 years old.

Thanks,

Guy
    12000 Gal, IG Pebbletec, pop up cleaners,Hayward EcoStar VS, 425 sq ft Hayward Cartridge, waterfall feature

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqualink RS-6 52 Pin Pool / Spa Combo

Sounds like you've covered all the normal bases. You might try calling Jandy tech service and see if they have any tricks.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I had given up my Aqualink as dead, so I contacted the seller poolbuilder500 (John) on e-bay to get some help determining the specific chipset to replace. I was planning on making the purchase using his e-bay store.

John, emailed me his phone number and walked me through some additional steps to help solve the problem. I have included them below in case anyone else has a similar issue.

1. Disconnect all of the relays from the board except for the power and try to re-start. This was to make sure that the issue was not linked to an electrical problem with one of the attached parts.

2. Remove the board from the bezel and re-seat the rubber membrane for the buttons. (This ended up solving my issue).

John really went above and beyond to help me out.

Guy
    12000 Gal, IG Pebbletec, pop up cleaners,Hayward EcoStar VS, 425 sq ft Hayward Cartridge, waterfall feature

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for reporting back the fix. I'm sure it'll help someone in the future.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit