Hayward Ultra max 2 Pump programing

Jul 16, 2013
Looking for a suggestion. I have a 1.5hp Ultra max 2 pump and according to the information on their site, as well as the manual, I should be able to program the run time. I've tried as explained in the manual but I always get a long beep when I switch the toggle to program. I never get the individual beeps as the manual said I should. The pump runs continuously until manual switched off. Any suggestions or thoughts?

I found this that may help.

TO SET TIMER
1. Move switch from OFF to PROGRAM then back to OFF - resulting single tone indicates Setting #1. Repeat until number of tones heard equals setting desired. ie 3 rapid tones is Setting #3
2. Move switch from OFF to RUN: to begin selected program setting.

SINGLE SPEED MOTOR SETTINGS
Setting 1 - Pump runs 24 hours Continuous (single tone)
Setting 2 - Pump runs 18 hours, off 6 hours (2 tones)
Setting 3 - Pump runs 12 hours, off 12 hours (3 tones)
Setting 4 - Pump runs 6 hours, off 18 hours (4 tones)

TWO SPEED MOTOR SETTINGS
Setting 1 - Pump runs 24 hours on Hi Speed (single tone)
Setting 2 - Pump runs 18 hours on Hi, 6 hours on Low (2 tones)
Setting 3 - Pump runs 12 hours on Hi, 12 hours on Low (3 tones )
Setting 4 - Pump runs 6 hours on Hi, 18 hours on Low (4 tones)

TO OVERRIDE TIMER SETTINGS
Move switch from RUN to OFF and back to RUN within 3 seconds. The pump will run for 1 hour and then return to the previous programmed setting. If a power failure occurs the timer automatically returns to the programmed setting.
Are these the instructions you're following?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.