De powder back in pool at skimmer and back wash hose water

I am getting de powder back in pool at both skimmers , and I think bottom floor returns and when the pump is running a small continuous amount of water is coming out of the back wash hose. I'm thinking that the pentair multi port valve gasket is the problem? However this did start after breaking down the filter and cleaning. Bled filter valve, no air pockets in pump filter.

Re: De powder back in pool at skimmer and back wash hose wat

Sure sounds like the multi-port. You or a service person will have to disassemble it and inspect. Damage to the spider gasket inside is usually the culprit and very obvious.

Re: De powder back in pool at skimmer and back wash hose wat

UPDATE: Seems that the spider gasket fixed the problem...I do not have water leaking from my backwash hose anymore! not sure if I fixed the DE Powder problem, but guessing I have. I don't have a good vacuum on a pole..I'll be ordering one soon. My next project this weekend is rebuilding my Polaris impeller seal...I have almost rebuilt every component of my pool system in the last year...A pool is more maintenance than my boat! I enjoy doing the projects, but hate spending the money..This website and everyone's help has saved my a lot of money. Thanks to all who have helped or posted their situations for other to learn.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.