Diver Dan / AquaBug question

Jul 20, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I have a 26' Intex with standard 1.5" fittings + standard Hayward 2speed 1HP pump + sand filter. I'm pretty sure this type of vacuum will hook right up but .....

Should I be concerned that this "suction" type cleaner will tear the liner?

Trying to find an affordable auto vac option for the pool but don't want my laziness to cause a leak and/or bigger issue down the road :) !

I have had two aquabugs (still have my old one) and they work great. I have never had it stick to the floor but I had stuck to toys.

You can see my old one here. You can see the base at about the 2:28 mark IIRC. You can also hear my wife ask "Why?"

[youtube:21ax63oj]NJrIqkf9k9A[/youtube:21ax63oj]

When I need to clean, I hook it up to the skimmer and get all the air out of the vacuum hose and such and then I let him stay attached until i get home from work. The timer that controls my pump/filter will have him clean for about 3 hours and all will be done when I get home from work. When he is connected, the skimmer is not active so your surface can get more debris on it. I can then take him and the hoses out of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.