NEW to BBB method this year Sanity check

ahock

Jul 16, 2012
Marietta, GA
I am a second year pool owner and decided to give the BBB method a try here are my numbers, I think I am good but wanted a second opinion

Pool is 40,000 gal plaster

FC 6.5
PH 7.4 (I have to add 1/2-1 gallon of acid per week to keep this down below 8)
TA 60
CH 250
CYA 65

Water is clear

Any comments are appreciated

Thanks

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Please add your pool details to your signature and location to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Besides the CYA being a little on the high side for a non-SWG pool. Looks good to me. You just need to make sure you keep the FC > 5ppm at all times.

Do you have a lot of aeration that is causing the pH to climb? Or is it new plaster? With the lower TA, I would not think your pH would be rising so fast unless there is an outside reason.

Jason

Thanks for the quick reply, I can run 2 waterfalls but I try to keep them off unless someone is swimming. The pool was SWG when I got it last year but I went away from it after I had constant problems with the cells. I have been working to get the TA & CYA down for 6 months now. The pool is 10 years old

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.