Tiny Bubbles!

Apr 8, 2013
Battle Creek, MI
On the sides of my pool. Is that because I added 5.5 lb. of dry acid last night? Let me explain. No. Let me sum up:

Since filling with municipal water and chlorinating to open the season, my pH had been near-perfect while the TA was high, above 200 at times. Recently, after water level dropped and the pool outlet started aerating a lot while the kids were splashing around in the pool, the pH finally spiked around 8.0 (not really a very conclusive test using the little blue box in my TF-100 kit). So I had some pH Minus left over and decided to use it, attempting to lower my pH to 7.0 as others have recommended in an effort to lower the TA. I retested my pH this morning and it was 7.2. I did not bother trying to retest the TA, which was 250 before I added the dry acid.

So this afternoon, after ambient temps peaked around 91 and pool temp is 87, I'm swimming in my crystal-clear pool but see all of these little bubbles clinging to the wall of the pool. Is that due to the dry acid?

(I know, I know. I should be using muriatic acid, which i will look for in the future ;-))

Bubbles on the walls can be the first signs of algae. Any slickness to the pool at all?

With the Intex pool, I wouldn't worry about the TA anyway. It's not really going to cause much problem other than climbing pH. Keep the pH, CYA and chlorine in range and have fun.

JohnT said:
Bubbles on the walls can be the first signs of algae. Any slickness to the pool at all?

With the Intex pool, I wouldn't worry about the TA anyway. It's not really going to cause much problem other than climbing pH. Keep the pH, CYA and chlorine in range and have fun.

Maaaybe a little slickness, I don't know. My chlorine last night was down to 1 and I added enough chlorine to get back to 6. I'll recheck the chlorine tonight after evening swimmers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.