Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anchors

1. Back To Top    #1

Anchors

Got some stuck pool anchor screws. Tried to clean them no go. Used some silicon spray no go. Bought a set of extractors but all they did was mill the screw into tin shavings till the head broke off. Got about 10 still in the up position and won't budge. Even tried a grip plier to turn them and still won't budge. Thank you for any help you guys can give me.
    IG 15000gal Liner. Hayward DE 75. 1.5hp Jacuzzi Magnum single speed. Oval pool built in 1985. Buffalo, New York.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anchors

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy31
    Got some stuck pool anchor screws. Tried to clean them no go. Used some silicon spray no go. Bought a set of extractors but all they did was mill the screw into tin shavings till the head broke off. Got about 10 still in the up position and won't budge. Even tried a grip plier to turn them and still won't budge. Thank you for any help you guys can give me.
    can you screw them all the way out? Mine have either a regular "flat head"screw drive slot and /or a "hex" head. I use a impact driver with the hex head. I take them all the way out, blow out the hole and use wd-40 or liquid wrench then put them back in.
    17,000 gal inground
    vinyl
    swg
    3hp 8 returns
    heat siphon heat pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Nope the won't move in either direction.
    IG 15000gal Liner. Hayward DE 75. 1.5hp Jacuzzi Magnum single speed. Oval pool built in 1985. Buffalo, New York.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have the brass safety cover anchors pictured in my mind. Is that correct?
    PB Blaster is my go to for seized up bolts. I've even heard of it being used on stuck tuba tuning slides.
    Alternately, you might try lightly heating up the anchors with a small propane torch (taking the necessary precautions of a safe work area and protecting any surrounding materials i.e. pool deck) to help break them loose.
    6.7K Pro Series 18x48, VL40T32 pump/filter, Hayward skimmer, TF100, and BBB!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, they the saftey covers screw in types. Will take a pic and post it. Thank you for your help.

6. Back To Top    #6

Been Using Liquid Wrench. Anyhow here are pictures of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy31
    Been Using Liquid Wrench. Anyhow here are pictures of it.
    try heating really hot it like someone suggested and get a good long handled pipe wrench on it or a big vice grip and extend the handle with a piece of pipe for leverage
    17,000 gal inground
    vinyl
    swg
    3hp 8 returns
    heat siphon heat pump