worried about our retaining wall problems

Jun 22, 2013
Split from rounding-the-corner-to-a-new-pool-build-t56134.html Please always start your own thread rather than hijack. :wink: Thanks, Butterfly

I wished you were in Texas Karma and I'd take you up on that. SOOOO worried about our retaining wall problems. The installer has yet to even put up our pool because we are trying to come up with creative ideas for making sure no earth moves around. We put in the retaining wall with RR ties, even cantilevered them so they are slanting into the hill and have 2 dead man pieces, but still worried about the dirt coming out from under the foundation tie because the excavator guy had to dig a couple feet below it to accommodate the height of the pool. My hubby built the "green Terrace" last spring and we wanted to keep it and incorporate it into the landscape because we like it for the fireplace.

Here is a pic of our application:
5d0z82.jpg

Re: Rounding the Corner to a New Pool Build

We have now installed some 4X4 posts with metal ripple roofing between to make another "retaining element" in front of the ties and plan on backfilling behind and in front of the ties to offer opposing force to the ties, the pool will be right behind this. We plan on backfilling about 12" to 24" around the pool and then installing the post and beams for the decking to the left of the above photo to meet the "green terrace" and extend out to the pool. We finished the first portion of deck which will be in 3 descending levels....not too complicated, I know :hammer:

14m760y.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.