Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Was gonna close the green monster but wait!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Kannapolis, NC

Was gonna close the green monster but wait!!!

I had the pump off for about three days because it was loud and I didn't see any clearing in site. I went out to the pool area to mow a little and closed eyes before looking at pool, its green but I could see the bottom. So I got happy went and bought some more bleach and now I cant see bottom again what gives???
    My Pool:
    Foxx Pool Grecian style 19' X 39'
    27k, with a 300# sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Was gonna close the green monster but wait!!!

Was the pump off? If so then the algae may have settled. Even with the pump on, the water can get more cloudy as the chlorine starts to kill it.

Time to do the SLAM process, no need to give up on the pool. See:
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

I'm guessing because you turned the pump back on and stirred up the algae? Be sure and backwash your filter often.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Houston, Texas

The pump is stirring up the debris in the pool, which it is supposed to do to allow the filter to catch debris and filter it out.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!