Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: deck designs and blue prints

1. Back To Top    #1

deck designs and blue prints

Does anyone know where I can find deck designs and blueprints for 15x30 oval pool. I'd like to do a full deck. One end (oval end) around 10'x21' and then 4' around the remaining 3 sides. I want enough area for 4 lounge chairs and a patio set. I seen a lot of good pic's but no plans on how to build.
    Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: deck designs and blue prints

Deckplans.com have plans you could use to do this I think they even have a plan to do what you are talking about. I would recommend the railing fitting they sell as I found adding railings without their fittings were difficult in the round sections
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

I saw that site the other day. I was looking to have a big square deck so I need to know how to take that 4' run and extend it to the big patio area on each side (10x23 and 4x23). Thanks for the help.

4. Back To Top    #4

If you took the 15x30 oval plan and built the "U-section" for the 4 foot runs around the pool and then used the 15 round for the end deck, you could adapt the two.

I used the plans for my jump deck. I only build two sections of the 4 foot plans. Once you get started, you can easily adapt them to what ever you need. You build each panel top and then you set the piers level to the ground (not each other) and then make the adjustments to the leg lengths to make the decking unit level. I do not have any frost line issues here and deck plans is a floating deck.

-- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

Here is a pic of mine that i am working on. I didn't have any plans just kind of new what i wanted and how much room i had. Plenty of room for chairs and loungers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24ft x 52in Round AGP Heritage pool Aquamaster 19 in sand filter & 1 hp pump. Clear Solar blanket 12 Mil. TF-100 Test Kit. Pool filled June 3rd 2013 well water.

6. Back To Top    #6

here ya go.... Lowes has an online deck designer... best of all, it will print you out a materials list with quantity needed and price estimate that you take to the store to get your materials. im sure you could probably take that list to anywhere you want for the supplies, not just lowes.

http://www.lowes.com/cd_Deck+Designer_733683095_

ive been playing with it, and have my plans and materials list saved in .pdf. when im ready to build this fall, ill fax the materials list to my building supply store and they will call me when they have everything ready for pickup...
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

7. Back To Top    #7

We're looking for designs/plans for a floating deck that we saw on popular mechanics. We love the design but cannot find plans or reach anyone. Any ideas. We have a 24"x52" above ground pool.

8. Back To Top    #8

I use Menards deck planner it is better than lowes

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by warlow View Post
    I use Menards deck planner it is better than lowes
    Agreed. Used the Menards planner and ordered from HD.
    Mike F.

15' Above Ground Sharkline Matrix, Vinyl, 6,000 gal. Hayward XStream Cartridge Filter. TFT 50 Test Kit. Install 7/2014
    Raypack 150k BTU Natural Gas Heater installed 6-2016