Bad pressure gauge? Hayward de pro e6020

Jvh22a

Jul 16, 2013
Hi all first post and just joined. Been up all night reading and gathering info. So much to learn!
Well I'm a new pool owner and some problems just started to happen in the last few days.
Usually the spa over flows into the main pool but now it hardly flows at all.
The skimmer is sucking and the return to main pool is working but has small bubbles like soda or wine. The vacuum at the skimmer isn't working as efficient as it use to be.

So I checked the pressure gauge and it is about 21-22psi. But when I turn off the motor it will only drop to 20psi. So I try to release the pressure with the manual relief valve but it still stays about 19-20Psi.
On the gauge it says turn 3 full turns to release pressure. I've turn it more then that and no more air is coming out. Is the gauge bad or can there still be pressure in the tank some how. I want to clean the filter but afraid the top of the tank would pop off in my face.

Thanks for your help

Welcome to TFP!

Sure sounds like a bad gauge. They are fairly cheap and easy to replace.

Have you cleaned the filter and replaced the DE?

Thanks for the welcome!

I've just started to learn about the pool and services.
I wanted to remove the filter But scared to remove it cause the gauge Will move but will not go to zero. But open the relief valve and you can hear the air rush out and stop about 2 mins later.
So I'm going to do a backwash first but waiting for a backwash hose to come in.

So if the relief valve is open, then there is no way any pressure could/would be left in the tank?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.