Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Valet Valve Module?

1. Back To Top    #1

Valet Valve Module?

Is the valet module as easy to replace as it looks like it would be? I need a new one but the pool maintenance company quoted me close to $400 to replace it... Call me cheap but I don't want to pay labor at $75.00/hr for something I can do myself...

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My pool:
    Built 2004, 14K gal, IG plaster,Pentair WhisperFlo 2 HP pump(1 speed), Pentair FNS Plus DE filter,
    In Floor cleaning system, Attached Spa with Spillover seperate WhisperFlo pump for jets.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Valet Valve Module?

What's wrong with it? Unless it's leaking from the body or the pipe connections, it doesn't need to be removed and replaced...the guts are all replaceable.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Well I was told that it needed to be replaced by my pool maintenance company. The "pop-ups" are not all working.
    My pool:
    Built 2004, 14K gal, IG plaster,Pentair WhisperFlo 2 HP pump(1 speed), Pentair FNS Plus DE filter,
    In Floor cleaning system, Attached Spa with Spillover seperate WhisperFlo pump for jets.

4. Back To Top    #4

If the popups are not all working, there is something wrong with the innards of the valve. If you take off the retaining ring and pull off the top, you'll be able to see a little impeller that should spin and turn the whole assembly. If it's working right, you can spin that with your hand and watch the whole thing move...take if off and see if you can tell why it's getting stuck! I guarantee you can fix this yourself.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok I will do that thank you. I'm sure I will most likely have more questions but I really appreciate the help!
    My pool: