pool safety with the ladder and small children

ugafan

Jun 24, 2013
i always move the ladder away from the pool and lock it up with a bicycle lock when not in use. recently someone told me that instead of locking it up i should put both sides of the ladder in the pool so that a child would have a way out if they climbed up the side of the pool and accidentally fell in. what are your thoughts?

I would recommend putting a cover on that pool when not in use......perhaps that would keep kids and everything else out of the pool or this year I got a real pool ladder from Confer Plastics. I think it is the 7100 model that has sliding part that covers the stairs and locks in place when pool not in use and you have to slide it up and out of the way in order to use the pool. Something to consider....

Bob E.

Safetybob said:
I would recommend putting a cover on that pool when not in use......perhaps that would keep kids and everything else out of the pool or this year I got a real pool ladder from Confer Plastics. I think it is the 7100 model that has sliding part that covers the stairs and locks in place when pool not in use and you have to slide it up and out of the way in order to use the pool. Something to consider....

Bob E.

7100 has the flip up ladder, and the 7200 has the sliding cover to cover the stairs. 7200 is a little more sturdy but a bit more expensive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.