Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool safety with the ladder and small children

1. Back To Top    #1

pool safety with the ladder and small children

i always move the ladder away from the pool and lock it up with a bicycle lock when not in use. recently someone told me that instead of locking it up i should put both sides of the ladder in the pool so that a child would have a way out if they climbed up the side of the pool and accidentally fell in. what are your thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool safety with the ladder and small children

I can see their point, but I don't know that it would be much of a concern. If they could climb over in it they could more easily climb out of it without a ladder.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I would recommend putting a cover on that pool when not in use......perhaps that would keep kids and everything else out of the pool or this year I got a real pool ladder from Confer Plastics. I think it is the 7100 model that has sliding part that covers the stairs and locks in place when pool not in use and you have to slide it up and out of the way in order to use the pool. Something to consider....

Bob E.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Safetybob
    I would recommend putting a cover on that pool when not in use......perhaps that would keep kids and everything else out of the pool or this year I got a real pool ladder from Confer Plastics. I think it is the 7100 model that has sliding part that covers the stairs and locks in place when pool not in use and you have to slide it up and out of the way in order to use the pool. Something to consider....

Bob E.

7100 has the flip up ladder, and the 7200 has the sliding cover to cover the stairs. 7200 is a little more sturdy but a bit more expensive.
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter