Loud filter sound

My pump/filter get louder when they need to be cleaned. Air can make noise. Impeller cavitation can also be very loud.

I would say that noise is something buzzing due to loose belly band. Have you tried relieving pressure and tightening up the band?

Thank you Techguy,

I have cleaned the filter today. The pressure still 5 psi @ low and 18 psi @ high speed. Motor speeds are 3450/1725 rpm.
I purged the air a couple times and checked the belly band clamp - it is tight.
I have also turned the cartridge over.
After I have turned the pump on, it was working OK with normal noise. After several minutes it changed the sound to a loud one. So, it does not produce the loud noise all the time!

Any thoughts?

Best regards

Try setting the whole filter assembly on a board with a door mat to act as an insulator to see it that makes a difference. It looks like you have the pump setting on pea gravel and that could be shifting under the body and creating the noise.

What happens when you hold onto the handle or press down on the filter body? Does the noise change?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.