Motor replacement

Jul 7, 2012
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for any help.

My current motor changed sound levels, upon inspection it is running hot and will need to be replaced.

A.O.Smith B227SE 3/4HP SF1.00 230/110 Volts, FR. M56J Type CX

My main questions are this:

1. Is there a direct replacement that would be less on power consumption? One with a built in timer?
2. Does my current motor seem the right size? Just seems small to me... Story of my life!

I can get the exact motor for $135 + 14.95 with seal replacements. Free shipping. At that price if I got 3-4 year out of each pump it doesn't seem terrible. I do notice a decent bump in my electric bill when running this. The timer is broke so I know I run it way to much but until I get a new one installed I kind of expect the high electric bill.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I agree that is a hayward superpump. But the motor has me perplexed. It has a really low amp rating compared to other similar sized motors listed for use on the superpump [s:16r9nf8c](such as the ust1102).[/s:16r9nf8c] Sorry that should be ust1072 and that one is listed as 11/5.5 amps. May just be specmanship. Do you know if it is wired for 115 or 230 volts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.