Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Motor replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

Motor replacement

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for any help.

My current motor changed sound levels, upon inspection it is running hot and will need to be replaced.

A.O.Smith B227SE 3/4HP SF1.00 230/110 Volts, FR. M56J Type CX

My main questions are this:

1. Is there a direct replacement that would be less on power consumption? One with a built in timer?
    2. Does my current motor seem the right size? Just seems small to me... Story of my life!

I can get the exact motor for $135 + 14.95 with seal replacements. Free shipping. At that price if I got 3-4 year out of each pump it doesn't seem terrible. I do notice a decent bump in my electric bill when running this. The timer is broke so I know I run it way to much but until I get a new one installed I kind of expect the high electric bill.
    16X32 Vinyl liner 3' 5 - 10'
    26,000 gallons
    S-200 Sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Motor replacement

Can you post the pump model number.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Here is a picture!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    26,000 gallons
    S-200 Sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Is it a jandy stealth jhp?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

No its a Hayward ENCL3? That's all the markings I can see on it.
    26,000 gallons
    S-200 Sand filter

6. Back To Top    #6

I am getting nothing that I can find with encl3. Is there any other markings? Could you post a picture?

Edit:just saw you pictures.

7. Back To Top    #7

Okay looking at your pictures I think that sticker with the encl.3 is just a csa regulatory sticker. Can you take a wider view picture so we can see the whole pump?

8. Back To Top    #8

Just seems small to me... Story of my life!
    6.7K Pro Series 18x48, VL40T32 pump/filter, Hayward skimmer, TF100, and BBB!

9. Back To Top    #9

Here is the overview picture, I noticed the shiny sticker but looking at it nothing is etched / stamped in it.
    26,000 gallons
    S-200 Sand filter

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

B227se is 3/4hp motor for hayward superpump.
    Hot Springs certified service tech A
    APSP CST Certified
    CPO Certified

11. Back To Top    #11

I agree that is a hayward superpump. But the motor has me perplexed. It has a really low amp rating compared to other similar sized motors listed for use on the superpump [s:16r9nf8c](such as the ust1102).[/s:16r9nf8c] Sorry that should be ust1072 and that one is listed as 11/5.5 amps. May just be specmanship. Do you know if it is wired for 115 or 230 volts?

12. Back To Top    #12

the pool goes to 1 20AMP breaker so I am assuming its 110?
    26,000 gallons
    S-200 Sand filter

13. Back To Top    #13

Yes, then 110. So I am fairly certain this is a 2-speed motor for you pump: http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Centu...-115V/B971.htm