intex ultra frame & SWCG? maybe not good idea?

May 26, 2013
Tennessee
Just a question of interest since I've thought about going SWCG next summer since our yard is sun covered nearly all day and our working hours horrible so trying to keep chlorine levels decent could be a nightmare. While searching nonlinear for a good, affordable SWCG pump, I came across a review of someone who went salt on their intex ultra frame pool and the "t"'s rusted out so bad they became unusable due to the saltwater. Has anyone heard of this problem or have this happen to them? Just curious since I wouldn't want to go the SWCG route if that's a problem.

i was going to go SWG on my new intex ultra, but when i upgraded from cartridges to the Intex 2650 sandfilter, the manual says "not for use with salt water generators" so, from my understanding, i cant have one anyway. :?

at any rate, i dont see how that would rust out the frame, as the salt ppm is so low in a SWG pool....

The manual states not to use the pump with one particular model of swcg. However it is not a model I'm familiar with and not the one that it appears most people here have. I'd verify which swcg unit you have. If its the Krystal clear saltwater system that is more commonly discussed around here; I can verify the pump works fine with it and its not the model specified as not compatible.

As far as the rust; I don't know. I've got the 18'x48" easy set, so no rust concerns here.

To be more specific the manual states not for use with- kcp low salt automatic saltwater system model 6110/6220. I've not seen that unit discussed here before, and appears to be pretty obscure from my quick google search.

So everybody planning on going with the common Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater system model CS8110 or equivalent,no need to be alarmed. Proceed as planned.

jcp said:
To be more specific the manual states not for use with- kcp low salt automatic saltwater system model 6110/6220. I've not seen that unit discussed here before, and appears to be pretty obscure from my quick google search.

So everybody planning on going with the common Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater system model CS8110 or equivalent,no need to be alarmed. Proceed as planned.

cool. thanks. i may upgrade to the KC SWG next season. MAYBE.... ive got a good thing going on with this BBB method... pool couldnt possibly be clearer.....Ive always leaned on the side of not messing with a good thing.... :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.