Algae bloom possible at low end of target FC?

gonzoTG

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2013
Erie, PA
Have been using BBB to maintain for about three weeks. I add bleach to 9 pm and lose about 4.5 ppm / day. Numbers are:

FC - 5 ppm
CC - 0
pH - 7.2
CYA - 55
CH - 150
Alk - 80

I have never dropped below the 4.5 number as per pool calc, but it looks like there is some cloudiness and maybe a faint green. I have raised to shock level but am confused as to why I am seeing this. I also just finished installing a new sand filter which may be just coincidence but I expected my clarity to improve and ended up with a green tint. Didn't think I needed to maintain above the range and target the high end or that bloom was possible at that FC.

Slamming away today and vacuuming. No appreciable color change or change in filter pressure. Lost 8 ppm in about 11 hours between this morning and when I got home. I was surprised to see, as I was when I noticed a tint change, that I really didn't have any CC. Thought this was a lead indicator or should see some from destruction of algae. Will attempt to log process through to clear and will add picks when I can figure out how to add from iPad.

I also added some DE to my new sand filter in the hopes that it will clear quicker.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.