Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New SWG owner

1. Back To Top    #1

New SWG owner

Hello everybody! We just got a new SWG and it ran fine for about a week, I then saw these little water bugs and I saw where algaecide will get rid of them. Now our pool is cloudy and has a very high copper lever and the FC is 0.5. Please help!!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: New SWG owner

Welcome to TFP!!!

Well that escalated quickly.

Where did you see that algaecides were a good idea? Not likely here ... and certainly nothing with copper in it.
    The only way to get rid of copper is to replace water ... and even then you may need to use sequestrants to prevent staining.

With the cloudy water and low FC, you need to SLAM the pool. [slam:2nckq9o0][/slam:2nckq9o0]
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Great thanks for the help. Actually I saw on a website where algaecide would help with the water bug problem. This is such a great website, thanks again for all future help!!!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mexico, MO

Where that algaecide and waterbugs idea came from is poorly (pool stored) maintained pools. Most waterbugs eat algae. If there is no algae for the bugs to eat, they move on fairly quickly.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.