Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Timeline for new 24' Contempra pool and deck install

1. Back To Top    #1

Timeline for new 24' Contempra pool and deck install

We had the pool installed 5/16 and the company is finally finishing our custom deck. There has been so buch rain here in MD it has been really slow. They have the last of the side rails to put up tomorrow and it will be finished. Then we can really get in and clean the pool up and start using it. The deck will attache to the landing off of our two story deck attached to the house.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Timeline for new 24' Contempra pool and deck install

Sounds very nice. Post some pic's !!

Don't forget the test kit.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Here aew some more pics.

4. Back To Top    #4

I will post more pics tomoorow showing the whole deck. It sections of deck with a walkway between. We are lucky that we have a pool supply store down the street that will test the water and give you a free print out of the results. We will have a gate at the stairs between the existig deck and the pool deck to keep our boxers away from the pool. We are also putting a gate in the landing by the pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

Get the TF-100 test kit. Pool Store testing, although convenient, are not reliable. You won't regret it!

And post up some Boxer pics for this fellow Boxer owner! They are fabulous dogs! I have a reversed brindle that we call our pwofeshunal Boxa! Her real name is Ava but I also call her Mummy. She takes care of me emotionally.. very loving!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

As I have said before, the test kit will cost the same as about two boards in that deck and will save you several hundred dollars in chemicals and an hour of time every time you test.

You need to be able to test EVERYDAY. It takes less than 5 minutes most days.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks guys for the advice, we will get the test kit today. They are finishing the deck this morning. This is Tank (white) and Honeybear the second. Tank is 9 and 1/2 and his original mate Honeybear passed away a year ago from cancer. We were devasted and rescued Honeybear (2) shortly after. This is a week after we brought her home. She was five months old when we rescued her.

8. Back To Top    #8

I love boxers! They are adorable! So sorry for the loss of Honeybear.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

9. Back To Top    #9

Here are the pictures of the finished deck. It was great to be in the pool all day yesterday. I had to take a mental health day off from work :P

10. Back To Top    #10

Beautiful pool and deck! And the dogs are lovely too!!
    13 x 24' x52" ultra frame pool (still in the box)
    Going to be set in 2.5' hole with deck at rail height sourounding entirely
    Cartridge filter ( we will see how that goes for one season)
    Natural gas heater and solar cover
    Plan to use bbb method! Yay!!

11. Back To Top    #11

We spent the weekend working on the a retaining wall on the back side of the pool. All we need to do is cut the posts, get the fill dirt and do some grading from the pool to the wall. We did this project by ourselves and we are pretty happy withthe results. Hopefully we can seed in the fall and get our grass back. The yard has been torn up all summer since the pool excavation.
    Here are some pics:

12. Back To Top    #12

Did you install the pool yourself or have a local company install? I am looking at the same pool but with Namco closing in Maryland, i will need to order online and find an installer. Also, are you still happy with the pool several years later?