Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: From Perfect to Swamp in 4 days!

1. Back To Top    #1

From Perfect to Swamp in 4 days!

Hi TFP People! It was a long winter here in Michigan

I open the pool and it was clear and up to snuff in no time...then the pump went out It took 4 days to get the replacement parts needed to repair the pump slide valve, by that time the pool turned into a swamp.

Since last Thursday morning I have held the pool at shock levels of 14, losing less than .5 overnight, brushed the walls and floor everyday and left the filter/pump running 24/7. My CC is .5 so I conclude all the algae is dead, but the water is milky and murky but a lovely shade of blue. What can I do to get the water crystal clear again? My numbers as tested this evening are:

FC 14
    CC .5
    TA 150
    CH 220
    CYA 40
    18 x 33 oval above ground; swimquip D.E. filter system

2. Back To Top    #2
    Antelope, CA

Re: From Perfect to Swamp in 4 days!

SLAM IT!

Read the pool school but essentially, turn on your pump, add liquid chlorine (aka bleach) until the stuff is dead and then continue this process to filter it out
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: From Perfect to Swamp in 4 days!

Keep filtering, vacuuming, and brushing. It will just take time to filter out all the dead algae.
    Make sure you pass the overnight test.
    20,000 gal. 27' AGP
    Hayward 18" sand filter with 1 hp Hayward Matrix pump
    A convinced BBB user and TFP fan