Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help! Recs for Purely Robotic Cleaner That You Leave in Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Help! Recs for Purely Robotic Cleaner That You Leave in Pool

Hey guys!

I'm new to this site and I have been searching for a specific product.

I want to buy a Robotic Pool Cleaner. I went into my local pool supply store to look for one. The problem is, the salesman told me that I have to take the robot out after a few hours of cleaning. I want one that acts like the water pressure based cleaners like my old one that I can just leave in the pool and it cleans automatically, long term. Similarly, I want my new electrical one to do the same.

Any suggestions?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help! Recs for Purely Robotic Cleaner That You Leave in

Welcome to TFP!

I've never seen anything like that. All of the robotic cleaners I know of require you to remove them from the pool after each use.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Does Not Exist per any manufacturers' recommendations I've ever read.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

It doesn't exist officially... I know it is not correct, but I don't remove my robot unless I need to empty the bag or if I swim.
    Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile

5. Back To Top    #5

I think the closest you are going to get is the new Dolphin/Maytronics cleaners. While it is not truly recommended that you always leave it in the pool, they do have a weekly timer setting, which allows you to set up your cleaning schedule for a week.
    17x37 IG vinyl, Grecian style, 20k gal, Hayward DE4800, Hayward Super Pump II 1 hp, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator, 6 Vortex 4x10 solar panels, Aquabot Turbo, Dolphin M5, loop-loc mesh cover

6. Back To Top    #6

You can also put an Aquabot 4WD on an external timer. The manufacturer implies that it should be taken out after every cleaning. It clearly states you should not operate it with people in the pool.
    Outdoor 14,000 gallon IG plaster pool built in 2000 with spillover spa, 2 hp WhisperFlo pump with MagneTek motor, Sta-Rite cartridge pool filter with 300 ft2 filtration area and 0.33 gpm/ft2 filtration rate, Aquabot Rapids 4WD robotic pool cleaner, Raypak digital gas heater, and Intermatic mechanical timer located in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex

7. Back To Top    #7

The risk of electrical shock of people in the pool with robot is such that no manufacturer will sell a bot that you leave in the water
    Nathan
    15x30 gunite 18k gallons Hayward star clear plus 120sqft cart

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

I must correct myself. I do not have a robot, I have a pressure side cleaner.
    Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile

9. Back To Top    #9

I left my Platinum Legend in the pool 24/7 (not electrical), took it out to clean the bag about once a month. I do like my new Aquabot 4WD better, just put it in once a week for 3 hours.
    IG pebble, 15,000 gallon
    48 PentAir DE Filter with backwash valve
    PentAir Whisperflo pump with 1hp 2-speed motor
    Aquabot 4WD, Poolskim
    Intermatic Dual Timeclock with freezeguard
    DIY chlorine feed
    BBB