HELP PLEASE! Still Cloudy

Jun 17, 2012
Howard City, MI
Please Help! No matter what I do, can't seem to clear up cloudiness. Still very cloudy and small amounts of yellowish-orangish "dust" on bottom (assuming pollen since it passed OCLT).

Levels this a.m. were FC= 6 and pH=7.6. Tested TA and CYA few days ago and results were the following: TA= 150 and CYA= 45.

I have been cleaning filter EVERY day and running pump. Been covering at night as well.

After testing FC, I have been using pool calculator and raising FC to 10 to try to get rid of issue. Not helping though and I don't know what else to do. Please Help!!!!

Attachments

• 7152013 pool2.jpg
    7152013 pool2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 42
In addition to what has already been written:

Putting a pool cover on at night will only help with heat loss and will will not help with clearing your pool (unless you leave it on during the day). If the pool cover has any dirt or algae, you are introducing new organics nightly. Pool covers are notorious algae/organic harborers.

If you want to use a pool cover, I suggest:
1. Make sure that any algae/dirt is removed from the pool cover. This may mean scrubbing the cover and hosing it down. Then, putting on the pool that is at shock level so that the pool's chlorine will kill what is left. This scrubbing/hosing down process may need to be repeated daily until it is completely sanitized.
2. Leave the cover on 24/7 until the pool is clean. This will protect the chlorine from the sun and help sanitize the cover.
3. Store the cover so that it doesn't a) touch the ground and b) drain off the water so organics don't grow while it is off the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.