New Member!

Jul 15, 2013
Hello All! I am a new member and about to be a new above ground pool owner! I have been searching all kinds of info on setting up the pool and landscaping and kept getting links to these forums, so I thought I would create an account and finally get to see all the info and pictures people are posting!

My husband and I are expecting our first pool any day now! Almost as exciting as a new baby! We bought a 12x24x52 Rectangular Intex Ultra Frame Pool Set that includes maintenance set, volley ball set, and pool cover! We also bought a 120 volt sand filter and pump.

We have a pretty level yard, but here is what we are thinking we need to do. Any advice is absolutely appreciated!
We are going to cut out the sod - though I need the measurements of the pool when it is set up (including the legs)
I think we are going to lay a tarp, then styrofoam boards, possibly another tarp, and then set up pool (I don't really want sand).

I will be surfing the site to get some ideas! We haven't told our 8 year old yet, so he will be soooo excited!