Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hard plumbed my AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

Hard plumbed my AGP

So this is my 600th post, and I decided to make it something special. I will show you my hard plumbing on my pool. My dad gets all of the credit for this, because it was his idea and he did all of the work. Enjoy. One question for you, I think I may have a leak. Does a 1" water loss in 24 hours with a solar cover on all day sound normal to you?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hard plumbed my AGP

That drop in pool level seems high. I would do the bucket test to confirm.

Tell your dad, nice job on the plumbing

Where do the pipes go that come out of and go into the ground?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by linen

Where do the pipes go that come out of and go into the ground?
    Those are support pipes. Keep some weight off of the fittings. I'm planning on doing the bucket test, and I know the perfect bucket. I just have to stop being lazy and clean it off.
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

4. Back To Top    #4

Make sure you have access control to the yard. A child could use that plumbing as a ladder to get into the pool.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

John, make sure and tell your dad (and you too) great job on the plumbing. Really nice and clean.

Water loss. Is that "hose" is see connected to the white valve used to add water to the pool without throwing a hose into the pool? If it is, that's probably your problem. There may be enough suction after turning the water off to suck the water back. I can't remember exactly what they call it, but I know if you leave a hose in big thing of water it can siphon it back out.

Bob E.

6. Back To Top    #6

That's the hose that goes to my DIY heater. Here is the full heater setup: thanks-to-bbb-my-pool-looks-like-this-t51476.html?hilit=heater
    John

7. Back To Top    #7

I'm going to have to do something about this leak, because, since adding ~2" of water over the past 2 days, the pool is starting to turn green (not algae, it's iron). I'm also probably going to be using A LOT of Borax to keep my pH in line. I'm trying to do the bucket test, but I am going to have to find a nice clean brick to hold the bucket down. It keeps floating away.
    John