Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding a pool light after build

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding a pool light after build

This might not be the right folder to post in but it seemed most appplicable to this verses other folders.

I'd like to add a pool light to my exsisting pool that came without a niche or other. I am quite handy with electricity and what not.

Does anyone have any ideas about how I might add a sweet pool light at this point?
    26k IG Vinyl, 2 HP single speed,24" Tagelus Sand, 1.5" pipe, 1 Main, 1 Skimmer, 2 jets, pool built 1983, new vinyl 2014, 36'x18', Deep End 8', The PoolCleaner 4X Suction.
    Pool Math #__# Pool School #__# Best Android App "Pool Pal" Track Your Levels!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding a pool light after build

What is your deck like? Most any actual pool light is going to require access to the outside of the pool wall someplace.

Did you see the pool while your liner was out? any chance there is a niche there that was blocked off?
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Adding a pool light after build

I have a concrete deck. I spoke with the installer and he said there was never a niche, as I asked him directly. He has installed a liner on this pool before so I am certain that he is correct. What troubles me is that there is a breaker labeled 'pool lite' on the breaker and they do not protect the circuit for the 2 pairs of flood lights that illuminate the deck and pool area. I am not opposed to a battery solution or one that hangs on the side of the pool and whose power cord could be hidden in the seems between the concrete sections. I was curious if anyone had any personal experiance with any of those 'most-likely-junk' solutions.
    26k IG Vinyl, 2 HP single speed,24" Tagelus Sand, 1.5" pipe, 1 Main, 1 Skimmer, 2 jets, pool built 1983, new vinyl 2014, 36'x18', Deep End 8', The PoolCleaner 4X Suction.
    Pool Math #__# Pool School #__# Best Android App "Pool Pal" Track Your Levels!