So I went to the pool store the other day...

Stop by the WalMart. The Great Value is normally about $3 for the 121 oz Extra strength (8.25%) and the HTH liquid chlorine is normally $6.47 for 2 gallons of the 10%. GV is in the laundry section, HTH in toys or garden.

If they sell pool supply and pools, they likely have it. In my store the pool supplies are near garden but used to be in Toys (on the back wall of the store near Electronics).

WalMart's GreatValue brand bleach is great alternative. Its essentially the same as the "pool" chlorine in a slightly different strength, 8.25% vs 10%.

Pool stores are in the business of selling pool chemicals so they certainly are biased. I was in a store last night (I'll cover that in a separate post) and mentioned using bleach to bring up the chlorine and the clerk said "Do not put bleach in your pool, ever!" I said chlorine is chlorine, but apparently that little fact meant nothing to her. It's as if science had to create a whole new line of chemicals just for pools, completely unique to the industry even though the names and chemical formulas are the same as are used in other products.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.