Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG not working

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG not working

I am having to reset it every day.

My values:
    When I walk out in the morning it has a 0.
    Pushing the diagnostic button I get these values:

temp 70 (I don't think that is right! It is raining, though. Will measure), voltage 32.7, current 0.00, output 80p, inst salt -0, al-0 (swimpure) and t-15 for my cell.

This started happening about the time I blew a fuse and lost power. I replaced the fuse and got power back but I get crazy readings and the check salt check cell lights are on steady.
    I believe I blew the fuse when cleaning the cell. I probably did something stupid.

BTW will update profile...
    ?Pool size? Play pool, paramecium shape, maybe 12,000 gallons, in-ground gunite, cartridge filter, swimpure plus swg, Hayward tri-star variable speed pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG not working

Oh, also, I had my cell tested and it was fine.
    ?Pool size? Play pool, paramecium shape, maybe 12,000 gallons, in-ground gunite, cartridge filter, swimpure plus swg, Hayward tri-star variable speed pump

3. Back To Top    #3

The Swimpure is basically the same unit as the AquaRite. You may want to check out the big AquaRite thread about the current limiter.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I've thoroughly read that and bought everything but it seems to address a different issue that has to do with lights more than the lcd readout.

5. Back To Top    #5

If the current limiter didn't work then you probably have a bad board.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Well, I didn't say that I tried that, but I did buy it....Just that it seems to address a different issue. My heading was changed, I believe. The problem is that the swg has a salt reading of 0, when it i above the min required amount. I can reset it but in the morning it is back to 0.

Does anyone know if replacing the limiter helps with the lcd reading being incorrect?

7. Back To Top    #7

Did you check the wires leading to/from your fuse? I had one get burnt, even though the fuse was ok. I just worked the burnt part back and forth (to see if it was going to break off) and my system started working again normally. It could be that you have a bad/flaky wire that's causing the intermittant issue.

I'm not sure how long it takes to get the salt reading down to 0, but if you've had a 0 instant salt reading for a few days I can see where it would drag it down to 0 eventually.

CLB
    12,000 gal Plaster, Aqua Rite SWG, Hayward Super II, Sta-Rite HRP Sand filter, Hayward Ultra Vac, TF-100.