Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concrete Issue - Small Hole - Barrie, Ontario

1. Back To Top    #1

Concrete Issue - Small Hole - Barrie, Ontario

HI! I was hoping I could get some info on this concrete hole that appeared on my decking.

The concrete is 2 months old, This hole just appeared, the surface of this hole is gone, and what is underneath this spot
    is just some sand. I guess this was a bad spot. I dont know about concrete at all. It all looked fine, then the other
    day I was sitting in my chair and noticed this hole had appeared. We do put our roller there for the cover, anyways, what
    is the best repair options for this small hole. The concrete is now white, and Im hoping we can get some repair concrete
    that will just bend into the other concrete! Maybe it was a bubble or something, I dont know. Please help! It just
    annoys me that this whole appeared now and hopefully it can be fixed easy.

Robert

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Concrete Issue - Small Hole - Barrie, Ontario

Looks like it was just a void in the concrete. Probably something organic that has since decayed and left the void. You can fill it with concrete patch compound.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for reply, I was wondering if it will blend in with the decking once I patch. Do you know what kind of patch materal I should buy? Is it a big deal? or does this happen often. I was so upset about this hole on the new decking.

Robert

4. Back To Top    #4

It happens from time to time. It probably won't match to begin with but over time it will get closer.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

The QUIKRETE® Concrete Patching Compound comes in concrete grey or white. What color? The decking was poured it was grey then went white. What you think?

6. Back To Top    #6

I'd go with the white. You could always put a dab on a board, let it cure a few days to see how close it matches before you patch the hole.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

Cool, thanks for replying. I will do a test first to see how it looks. If any one else has an experience with this please reply also.

Thanks
    Rob

I did call the pool company, Im hoping they might come by and repair this also.. I wil wait and see.