Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquidator Flow Meter...

1. Back To Top    #1

Liquidator Flow Meter...

Ok, I have had the Liquidator for several weeks and overall things are working well. I did contact HASA because my flow meter had a crack, and they quickly sent me a new one. However, I was wondering if my flow meter is working correctly. When the pump is on, the ball is at the set level (between 2 and 3 in my case), but there is air above the ball in both cylinders. Is that normal, or should both cylinders be filled with water?

Overall, I am happy with the liquidator. Its keeping my pool crystal clear.
    21' round, 10,000 gallons above ground vinyl pool. The Liquidator 8 gallon version.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Liquidator Flow Meter...

Mine always had some air in it. Even if I opened the cap on top and bled it off it would come back. It didn't seem to affect the reading at all.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

San Jose, CA

I have the same...
    24k gal 16x38, spa 7x6, Colorscape Caribbean Blue plaster, Pentair Intelliflow, Hayward jacuzzi air pump, Pentair 520 filter, Raypak 336k cu-ni heater, Aquabot Turbo T... pool remodel finished 8/2012.

4. Back To Top    #4

Ellington, CT

I have air in mine also and it runs great now that I've got it dialed in.
    30,000 gal, 20 x 40 ft vinyl, IG, installed 2006
    1 HP WhisperFlo pump, 60 sqft Pentair Quad D.E., Liquidator(8 gallon) with 3/8 upgrade,TigerShark cleaning robot
    TFTestkits TF-100 with SpeedStir
    A proud practitioner of TFP since 2013

5. Back To Top    #5

Its still working great, even though I have some air in the upper section of the flow meter cylinders. Thanks for all the responses.
    21' round, 10,000 gallons above ground vinyl pool. The Liquidator 8 gallon version.