I need to identfy this light still works but has a leak.

ZooMan

Mar 9, 2012
Parkland, FL
I was doing a shock / slam on my pool and noticed that the light has a small leak and was showing a water line inside the housing about 2 inches up the lens. This was not here before I started the shock. Could it be the compression fitting in the back that the conduit exits the housing?
It's 12 v system with transformer.
Thanks Ken

Attachments

• pool501.JPG
    pool501.JPG
    471 KB · Views: 62
  • pool500.JPG
    pool500.JPG
    428.4 KB · Views: 62
It appears to be an American Products / Pentair pool light. What you probably need to do is replace the gasket as well as the face ring. The new one should have the new retaining wire instead of all of those screw retainers.

ps0303 said:
It appears to be an American Products / Pentair pool light. What you probably need to do is replace the gasket as well as the face ring. The new one should have the new retaining wire instead of all of those screw retainers.

Why is it necessary to replace the face ring? it adds $50.00 to what appears to be a inexpensive repair? Unless I damage this. I can always clean up the treads on the ring and add better SS hardware.
The front ring part 1 seams to be in short supply.
Thanks

Attachments

• AmerLite_prts_webL.gif
    AmerLite_prts_webL.gif
    94.9 KB · Views: 33
I only suggested it because of the number of these I have worked on and found out that over time the individual clips didn't seal the light very well. You can always just replace the gasket and then see if it still leaks. If it does then I would suggest you replace the face ring with the new wire/nut for sealing it.

I'm not sure where you went to find the part but I have no problems finding it. This is a very popular light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.