Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I need to identfy this light still works but has a leak.

1. Back To Top    #1

I need to identfy this light still works but has a leak.

I was doing a shock / slam on my pool and noticed that the light has a small leak and was showing a water line inside the housing about 2 inches up the lens. This was not here before I started the shock. Could it be the compression fitting in the back that the conduit exits the housing?
    It's 12 v system with transformer.
    Thanks Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ken

Pool 22320 Gallons IG Plaster-DE Filter-2Hp & TF100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I need to identfy this light still works but has a leak.

American Products. Known now as Amerlite. Sold by Pentair. Probably need a new lens gasket.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

It appears to be an American Products / Pentair pool light. What you probably need to do is replace the gasket as well as the face ring. The new one should have the new retaining wire instead of all of those screw retainers.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303
    It appears to be an American Products / Pentair pool light. What you probably need to do is replace the gasket as well as the face ring. The new one should have the new retaining wire instead of all of those screw retainers.
    Why is it necessary to replace the face ring? it adds $50.00 to what appears to be a inexpensive repair? Unless I damage this. I can always clean up the treads on the ring and add better SS hardware.
    The front ring part 1 seams to be in short supply.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ken

Pool 22320 Gallons IG Plaster-DE Filter-2Hp & TF100 Test Kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I only suggested it because of the number of these I have worked on and found out that over time the individual clips didn't seal the light very well. You can always just replace the gasket and then see if it still leaks. If it does then I would suggest you replace the face ring with the new wire/nut for sealing it.

I'm not sure where you went to find the part but I have no problems finding it. This is a very popular light.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,