Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fixing my Mess from what ive learned! (Updated)

1. Back To Top    #1

Fixing my Mess from what ive learned! (Updated)

I wanted to show you guys what I can do with what I have learned on this board.

So had a change in employers and couldn't afford chemicals for about 3 weeks. Bills before luxuries in my eyes. Before today i was guessing with my chemicals to keep my water clear.

Today I had some cash so I went and purchased a Taylor K1003.(All I could afford ) Then went and purchased 13 Gallons of 8.25% Bleach. Now time to SLAM!

(Day 1)
    I started with this:

I started by cleaning my filter, then lowering my Ph to 7.2 with Acid.
    At 2 Hours and 3 Gallons of Bleach TotalBrushed the Whole pool)

(Cleaned filter cause it Raised from 7psi to 17psi)

At 3.5 Hours and 4 Gallons of Bleach TotalBrushed the Whole Pool)

(Cleaned filter cause it Raised from 7psi to 17psi)

At 5 hours its to dark to take a photo but I added one more gallon of Bleach to make it 5 Gallons Total for the night.
    Filter 9psi to 12psi will clean it again in the morning. Gave the Whole pool a brushing before calling it a night.

(Day 2)
    Woke up and found my FC to be 0 and my TC to be 0.5. Found my filter at 22 psi. Pulled the filter and cleaned it, Brushed the whole pool, and added 3 gallons of bleach to bring it back to shock.

At 21 hours and 8 Gallons of bleach totalStill Cloudy)

I will update this as I complete my journey. v
    (Rental Home) 17k Gallon, Fiberglass In-ground, Hayward 1.5HP Single Speed, Cartridge Filter, Kreepy Krawly Pool Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fixing my Mess from what ive learned!

I salute you !! Nice job.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Wow, that seems like very quick progress. I guess the fact that you have a cartridge filter helps speed it along. Good job, and keep it up.
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by pwrstrk
    I salute you !! Nice job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    Thanks, I am very proud of myself!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN
    Wow, that seems like very quick progress. I guess the fact that you have a cartridge filter helps speed it along. Good job, and keep it up.
    Thanks, I will.
    (Rental Home) 17k Gallon, Fiberglass In-ground, Hayward 1.5HP Single Speed, Cartridge Filter, Kreepy Krawly Pool Cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

Awesome progress! Your hard work today certainly paid off.
    Outdoor 14,000 gallon IG plaster pool built in 2000 with spillover spa, 2 hp WhisperFlo pump with MagneTek motor, Sta-Rite cartridge pool filter with 300 ft2 filtration area and 0.33 gpm/ft2 filtration rate, Aquabot Rapids 4WD robotic pool cleaner, Raypak digital gas heater, and Intermatic mechanical timer located in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by danacc
    Awesome progress! Your hard work today certainly paid off.
    Thanks!