New pool coming

Hello, we are getting a 27' round pool if mother nature ever co operates! this is our first and I want to make sure I have on hand what I need to take care of it. I have been reading up on pool school but thought I would ask if you can give me any tips.
we bought a 27' above ground round resin pool with a salt system, I have ordered the TF-100 KIT with the optional speedstir magnetic stirrer and Taylor K-1766 KIT, what else would you suggest I have on hand when we start up, thanks

Welcome to TFP!

When you get the TF-100, test your fill water if you can, and that will help guide you on what you need to have on hand. Until then, chlorine and CYA are the only sure things.

Congrats! You are starting off on the right path by reading Pool School and ordering the TF100 ahead of time! Check out the Pool Calculator for determining the amounts of things to add if you havent already. Other tips might be to buy good quality pool cleaning accessories such as, a good expandable vac pole and a good leaf net. They will last much longer than the cheaper ones. Oh, and some good quality friends for the first pool party!!! :cheers:

what is a good cleaner and when looking at leaf nets how do you know you are getting a good quality? do thay make a pool cleaner that cleans bottom and around pool wall, dont get me wrong I know there will be some elbow cleaning but really would like to make this a easy , it will have a chlorine/salt system with 600#salt and a heyward sand filter and pump,thanks

I'm a big fan of the Polaris 65. It used to flip over or keep turning right and get coiled up. It took me a couple of weeks to tune the pressure vis the pressure relief valve on the house, now it runs fine. We run it Mon - Fri and take it out on the weekends.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Boy do I wish I had room for that sized pool. I was at the pool store a couple of months ago with the primary reason I have a pool in the first place (that would be a five year old girl) and she was asking if we could get this pool and that pool and most of them were in that 27 foot size (or bigger)......and it did look way inviting but we just don't have the room....Crud.

Realize you will be throwing Clorox in for your initial dose of Chlorine while you get the salt to dissolve. Pool calculator will tell you exactly how much CYA to put in be it liquid or dry. If you don't have CYA yet, you can get pails of it on the cheap from a number of places online.....find out how much you need first using the pool calculator.

And, realize that just because you have salt, your not done. When I had the salt thing, I had to top off my pool only after everyone had been in it on the weekends. Pretty much consistent levels when the pool wasn't used. If you had not picked that up off the site here yet, I though it would be noteworthy to mention it.

As far as equipment, I agree, better quality stuff is always nicer to work with and lasts far longer than cheap Crud. Last observation is that if you can keep a cover on your pool, it will make life far easier as far as keeping the bottom clean. With the pool covered except when used you may just need a stupid simple hose and basic floor attachment and vacuum to waste or if not to bad direct through the filter.....that is after you pick up as much as you can with that leaf rake...

Bob E.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.