Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone here live in Central Oregon/Oregon?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone here live in Central Oregon/Oregon?

I have been meaning to ask this since I joined, especially since I have seen absolutely NO ONE here @ TFP from my area, let alone anyone from Oregon to speak of.

Is there anyone here that resides in or around the; Redmond/Prineville/Powell Butte/Lone Pine/Terrebonne/Culver/Metolius/Madras/Sisters/Bend/La Pine area?

If you're nearby, somewhere in the state that is. Go ahead and say hello anyway!

I hope ya'll have fun with some of those names, there's a few doozies in there for the non-natives.
    *Hint, there are 4 & I put them back to back. :P

Anyway, pool chemistry has a lot to do with climate & source water, not to mention places to find pool stuff in your local area.
    Just hoping to meet some folks that live around here and ones I maybe missed.

Happy TFP everyone!!!
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone here live in Central Oregon/Oregon?

I live on the other side of the country. Can I still say hi ??

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by pwrstrk
    I live on the other side of the country. Can I still say hi ??
    Yes, you're allowed to. Hi pwrstrk!!!
    Goof! :P HEHE
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: RE: Anyone here live in Central Oregon/Oregon?

Hi from Medford in the SW corner! My Mother in-law and sister in-law live in Bend. Not sure why I don't get over there too often but it is beautiful! I love the high desert.

10k Gallon, IG Kafko Vinyl Liner (8/1/12), 200# Sand w/ 1 hp Hayward MaxFlo pump, Taylor K2006
    3 4x12 Heliocol East facing + 3 4x12 Heliocol West facing 2015
    Robert from Sunny Southern Oregon

5. Back To Top    #5

Hello from Springfield!!! Just over the pass from you . My Captain lives in Bend, does that count??

Glenn
    6500 gal above ground Doughboy with 200lb sand filter and solar panel heater. Converted from Baqua to BBB and never looking back!!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by golfinglenn
    Hello from Springfield!!! Just over the pass from you . My Captain lives in Bend, does that count??

Glenn
    Awesome! I was born and raised over there. Still have family in Eugene, we go over there quite a bit too.

Obsessed with the food there, CO has nothing on the Willamette valley's cuisine!
    Not to mention all the cheap to free places to have fun. CO is waaayyyy more costly.

Sorry.... What do you mean by your captain?

7. Back To Top    #7

Re: RE: Anyone here live in Central Oregon/Oregon?

Quote Originally Posted by rhaas12321
    Hi from Medford in the SW corner! My Mother in-law and sister in-law live in Bend. Not sure why I don't get over there too often but it is beautiful! I love the high desert.
    Sorry it took me a bit to respond, haven't been feeling too hot at all!

Yeah, I know where Medford is, never been there though. Some day! Lots to see and do in our own backyard here. How long is your pool season there? I imagine It's longer than ours as you're further south, plus you're in the valley so the winters are more mild.

Yeah, I like it too. But I'll admit, the extreme temperatures wear pretty thin on a guy. Not to mention it is kind of a wasteland here of nothingness, economically and entertainment speaking. But its tundra has its own special charm. It took a while to grow on me, about 15years..... but it did.
    The sky here just blows my mind, both night time daytime, plus you learn to embrace and appreciate the funny sudden weather changes.

I think I'm kinda stuck here now, I used to want to move back to the Eugene area and still do, but my 2 best buds live here, my amazing church family and my awesome job! So yeah, who knows, maybe some day.

Do your in-laws have a pool?