Cracks and chips in Pebble Tec after 8 years?!!!!

khood

Jul 14, 2013
After 8 years, we have a few cracks and chips in the pebble tec of our spa. We were told by many pool professionals we should re-pebble the entire spa, as it will only last 8-10 years. But after reading the great info on this forum, it appears the pebble tec should last up to 20 years!! Note, the spa doesn't have any cracks (we did a dye test).

Thanks for any advice in advance. I was going to call the contractor tomorrow to set a date to re-pebble both the pool and spa (as was recommended to do it before it got worse), but I'm hoping just a patch and repair job will do the trick!

An installer will give you a better idea if a patch will work or not. It's hard for us to say because we don't know anything about the installation and how it's been treated chemically.
I'd guess a patch would work, but that's just a guess.

Thanks for the advice. I'm getting a quote of $500 to patch and repair, $4500 to replace all pebble in pool and spa and about $1200 to repair a cracked skimmer due to shifting in our backyard. Do those quotes sound reasonable or excessive? Also I'm being told from a few different pool contractors that pebble tec typically lasts between 7-10 years. However, in this forum it seems it should last more like 15-20 yrs.

Pebble Tec has a "lifetime warranty" whatever that means. But it only covers materials apparently. I would call them and ask them to send the rep out to look at it. Even if you can't make a warranty claim I bet they want to look at it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.