Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: fiberglass pool blistering

1. Back To Top    #1

fiberglass pool blistering

Hi,

This is my third year with my fiberglass pool. This past weekend, I feel some areas of the pool wall had dozens of small bumps. I just goggled on "blisters on fiberglass walls" and from reading some of the articles, it sounds this will happen to every fiberglass pool sooner or later. Does anybody have any firsthand experience with the blistering? If so, what did you do to correct the problem? I plan on contacting the manufacturer as soon as I am able. Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2
    I bought a house with a fiberglass pool that was 20 yrs old had the bumps or blistering. Other than aesthetic, it never was an issue so we just ignored them. But seeing as yours may be under warranty, it's probably worth it to look into it.
    24,000 gal SWG pool
    Bunch of stuff
    Aqua Blue Pebblesheen
    2 Colorlogic LED lights
    Huge Hayward D.E. filter
    more stuff

3. Back To Top    #3
    I have a fb pool that I've had for a few years now. The deep end has swimout seats and there are little bumps in the seats. No cracking just bumps. I don't think there is anything you can do for it. As long as a crack doesn't occur it should be fine.
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator , http://www.tftestkits.net/

4. Back To Top    #4
    Thanks for the reply. Have either of you noticed the blisters getting bigger? Or maybe more blisters appearing? Besides the feel of the blisters when you run your hand across the surface, has it caused any other problems? Thanks in advance. I will be calling the manufacturer tomorrow.

5. Back To Top    #5
    I had a few more crop up now and again but they never got any bigger. Mostly it happened after teh first 2 years. I didn't notice it much after that. I would still call the manufacturer though. I'm not sure of why it happens.

6. Back To Top    #6
    whoozer,

how long did you have your fiberglass pool?

7. Back To Top    #7
    It's been in now for 4 years. It is located in Maine. It has been closed for almost a year so I'm unsure if it has blistered anymore.