SOON TO BE NEW POOL OWNER MANY QUESTIONS ??

Jul 14, 2013
rhode island
HI i have a 15' foot above ground pool were going to be putting up i see many people using the foam coves foam wall liners and gorilla pad.
i saw a site liner world to be exact that said if you use foam anything will cause fungus and health issues in the long run?? is this true ?? i want to use foam coves and foam wall but want to hear from anyone with experience first , also does it have to be the gorilla pad or can you use other names of this type of thing to prevent liner puncture?? please help i really want to get our pool up before summer is over :) :?

Welcome to TFP. Foam cove is a good idea although not required, not so much with the foam walls. Spray a weedkiller with a nutgrass killer in it for sure. A nice bed of sand can be used for the bottom. Make sure it's no more than 1" out of level at most.

Welcome to tfp, toymom81 :wave:

We have no reports and there reasons that I know of where foam cove, etc. will cause health issues.

Unless you have a really rough interior pool wall, wall foam is not necessary. In fact it can make the liner a bit more susceptible to being penetrated by something sharp.

There are other brands of bottom pad that also work. I used extruded polystyrene foam boards for the bottom of mine.

ok thank you :) i wasnt sure if the wall foam was necesary or not i definately need some kind of protection under the liner as we had a intex ultra frame pool in the same spot and a mouse chewed through the liner of it im hoping to put a stop to them with one of these barrier things they have out now it has a sand base where im putting this real above ground pool but will need more before we install it anyone know of a place that sells decent liners for a good price ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.