first off, i know everything is fine, water is crystal clear and all tests come up right on the money. we left out friday at noon to the lake. before we left i dumped 1 1/2 gallons of 8% into pool to bring it to shock level (24 ppm for 6423 gallons) i covered it with crappy intex cover and we took off.
fast forward today, we got home at 200pm, it had been raining today (thank goodness, we needed it) and the crappy intex cover had sunken into pool (good thing i already ordered a better winter cover)
pool was crystal clear, only needed a little vacuuming and skimming.
FC tested perfect at 7.5, so my chlorine loss calculations due to full sun on pool i did before leaving were spot on...
interesting though.... CC was slightly pink. it is less that 5ppm, but normally it is 0pmm every day. i found this interesting with such a high dose of chlorine and no usage of the pool for 3 days.