Hayward Power-Flo Lx - Time for a new pump?

Jun 9, 2011
NJ
I have a 24' above ground pool with a Hayward Power-Flo Lx 1 HP pump and a Hayward DE filter. We bought the house with the pool 3 years ago so I am still learning about the pool. I have a good grasp on the BBB method and love it.

Everything has been running great until about a week ago. I tried to switch off the pump to connect the vacuum and it would not turn off. I unplugged it, hooked up the vacuum and plugged it back in. I have been doing this as needed since last week. Its not too big of a deal since we have a timer so I just hoped I could get through the season. This morning I noticed that the pump was not on when it should have been. I checked the breaker, the timer, and used an outlet tester and everything is fine. Is my pump gone or is there anything else I can check or easily fix?

Welcome to tfp, Hazyheath :wave:

Does the pump make any noise when you plug it in and turn it on?

Since the switch stopped turning off and now the pump does not turn on at all...it might be a bad switch. You could try bypassing the switch to see if the pump will power up.

My husband and I have been struggling to get this thing apart since Sunday. The filter/pump union won't budge even with a strap wrench. It actually looks crooked like the threads are misaligned. I have a picture below. Do I have any options?

IMG_20130716_180643.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.