Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PVC Fitting?

1. Back To Top    #1

PVC Fitting?

Where do I buy a 1.5" Male threaded coupling? I'm replacing my ball jets with these slotted fittings. I have one "jet" that had a pressure side cleaner hooked up that I plumbed into other jets (removed Booster pump), but after I removed the hardware it has a 1.5" female thread in the wall. Having a hard time finding a short threaded male coupling (looked at Amazon, and Home Depot). Pool store maybe?

Bought the slotted jets in hopes of getting better surface rotation to the skimmer. If that doesn't work, will buy a PoolSkim.
    IG pebble, 15,000 gallon
    48 PentAir DE Filter with backwash valve
    PentAir Whisperflo pump with 1hp 2-speed motor
    Aquabot 4WD, Poolskim
    Intermatic Dual Timeclock with freezeguard
    DIY chlorine feed
    BBB

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PVC Fitting?

The ball fitting threads into the fitting that is in the wall. The back half of the ball fitting can normally be removed. They make a tool that goes into the slots in the round half in the back of the wall fitting.

http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-SP1419...l+fitting+tool
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

The fittings you pointed to have male threads which will screw right into your existing female wall fitting.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

They will on the 4 eyeballs that I am removing, but the fitting that my cleaner was attached was a bayonet, that once removed, is just a 1.5 female thread in the wall. So I need a short piece of female thread to accept the new jet.

Edit: nevermind, I'm an idiot... I realized the jets I ordered come with a male thread, so should screw right into the wall.

One of those days... in replumbing the unions at the booster pump, I tightened one a bit tight and cracked out (old and brittle)... cheap enough at Home Depot, but the .75" pipe is painted and a pain to sand down to get a coupling to fit. Got it done. Just waiting for the new jets, and an impeller for my new 2 speed motor. Another fun weekend next week.
    IG pebble, 15,000 gallon
    48 PentAir DE Filter with backwash valve
    PentAir Whisperflo pump with 1hp 2-speed motor
    Aquabot 4WD, Poolskim
    Intermatic Dual Timeclock with freezeguard
    DIY chlorine feed
    BBB