Intex relief valve

Ame

May 22, 2013
Phoenix Arizona
is it possible that this little black relief valve on top of my plunger can air in leaf basket and cause pressure to drop? ( when I vacuum this seems to happen every time. Then I have to restart my pump to re-prime etc...

Attachments

• releifvalve.jpg
    releifvalve.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 67
I am not familiar with the new intex plunger valve. Is that an anti suction safety valve? If it is, then yes I could see air being sucked into it when if the vacuum line is small/restricted or the flow is restricted at the vacuum head.

Bigger hose may help restrict the flow less...so yes that could help. Also, it is possible once you add the add head loss of the vacuum you start pulling air in somewhere else like the leaf basket cover or the drain plugs or any other joint in the suction side plumbing. With the vacuum attached you could run water over the different joints and see if the air stops.

if you do not have any problem during normal filtering/skimming with the pump basket staying full, And have the issue with air getting into the pump when vaccuming its most likely the anti-suction valve doing it. you can test this by placing your finger over the nipple for a few minutes and see if your pump basket fills. To solve this problem I drilled holes into the screw on vaccum attachment. A larger diameter hose could also help resolve this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.