Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Information that I have found on this website is a gold mine

1. Back To Top    #1

Information that I have found on this website is a gold mine

New member here..but not new pool owner.The information that I have found on this website is a gold mine.. it's ALOT cheaper to maintain my pool.I have told all my friends that are pool owners about this website..

Thank you vey much TFP (You're the Best)
    Pool Size: 16'x32' 14,200 Gallons with spa
    Pool Type: Inground,Diamond Brite Blue Quartz
    Pump:STA-RITE 2hp Pump & AquaPure PLC700 SWG (New Version)
    Filter: STA-RITE PXC 150 Cartridge

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: BBB for Beginners

Welcome to TFP!

And thank you for the kind words.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

what pool chemicals does borax and baking soda replace

4. Back To Top    #4

Borax is instead of "ph up" type products since it raises ph (and TA a little). Baking soda is for raising TA only. For many pools, neither of these is needed. More commonly the ph (and TA) needs to be lowered and we recommend using Muriatic Acid for that (in place of "ph down" products).
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: Information that I have found on this website is a gold

I just discovered the site when I got my swcg early june and learned where I'd got pool-stored and got green water anyway the last 2 summers. Wish I'd have known.

My brother bought an 18' intex a week after I reg'ed here and I tried to make a bbb convert out of him but he's staying with pucks. He said he's draining 25% and refilling every week due to water being too hot so at least his cya isn't going to get him like what most likely happened to me 2011 and 2012 using pucks.
    ------------------------------------
    18' Summer escapes with original skimmer + intex pump + intex sand filter w/ Zeolite, Intex SWG. 1x ecosaver 50sqft solar panel with dedicated pump.

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: Information that I have found on this website is a gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cane
    New member here..but not new pool owner.The information that I have found on this website is a gold mine.. it's ALOT cheaper to maintain my pool.I have told all my friends that are pool owners about this website..

Thank you vey much TFP (You're the Best)
    It's not only cheaper, it's the best way to maintain your pool. .

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.