intex pool pump, changing filter every hour??? slow flow

Jul 14, 2013
our pool pump works GREAT with NO FILTER!!! i put new filter in and it works for one hr tops!!! I am getting frustrated..we "upgraded" to Intex 56635EG 1500-Gallon Filter Pump last yr and worked great..this season like I said have to change every hr..therefore pool is nonstop cloudy. i checked all connections and is fine...is the pump shot? makes me question since it works great when no filter in it? upgrading to sand filter pump next yr...but hoping to get thru this summer yet..

thanks for the help..i really appreciate it!!!! our pooil is 18x 48 metal frame.....the only test kit I have tests PH and chlorine...chlorine is showing in 7s and ph around 6.5..I need to get a better kit..is A 6 way one ok?

Change the filter as often as needed.

Even though the Intex filters don't do a great job, you can extend their use by following the cleaning instructions in Pool School, linked in the upper right of every page. Those filters can be cleaned several times.

I would suggest buying a couple of Unicel filters, but I see in your opening post you will be upgrading to a sand filter next season. These will work -- sort of -- for the rest of this season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.