Rinse only DE filter grids ok?

May 21, 2012
Hi,
Do I "have" to soak my filter grids/cartridge after I hose the cellulose/DE off of them. They certainly aren't bright white anymore, but they have only a faint brown discoloration. This is my second year with the filter, and I haven't soaked them yet. Is that bit of dirt really interfering with anything? I imagine the second i reinstall them, and coat them with the cellulose they will get dirty almost immediately.
Thanks

In eight years, I have only done the full soak routine once. Otherwise I rinse and reassemble. I didn't see much difference even with a soak and acid bath. It's just that after eight years, I felt guilty that I hadn't done the whole routine.

I backwash, open the filter, blast off the residual, backwash a little more, and put it all together. I've only taken my filter all the way apart once, and never soaked the grids. My grids are not gleaming white anymore, but they're not crusty and stiff, either, and the pressure's good and it filters great. I'm of the opinion of don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.