Phosphate levels?

Jun 6, 2011
I have never heard of this before. My son in law was having a persistant problem that was solved when the pool store diagnosed his problem as something with phosphates. They sold him a product that solved his problem.
Sorry he was very sketchy on the details. all he knows is that "phosphate was the problem and now it's fixed"
Is this something I should be checking regularly?
How does it fit in with the BBB method?
thanks.

Phosphates aren't a problem. Ignore them.

They provide food for algae, but if you don't let algae get started it doesn't matter. It's kind of like saying you are fat because McDonald's sells shakes. Sure, too many shakes can make you fat, but if you don't go to McDonald's it doesn't matter what food they sell.

OK, so if I understand correctly.
Phosphates feed algae.
By preventing algae with proper cholirination it doesn't matter what the phosphate level is.
Reducing the phosphate level is therefore unnecessary.
Maintaining proper chlorination to prevent algae blooms is all that is required.

avidone1 said:
Phosphates feed algae.
By preventing algae with proper cholirination it doesn't matter what the phosphate level is.
Maintaining proper chlorination to prevent algae blooms is all that is required.
Can we get that on a sticker and start secretly sticking them all over pool stores, such as next to the PhosFree?

Donldson said:
avidone1 said:
Phosphates feed algae.
Can we get that on a sticker and start secretly sticking them all over pool stores, such as next to the PhosFree?

Too funny! Do it but don't get caught !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.