Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ascorbic Treatment to rid Pool of metal stains

1. Back To Top    #1

Ascorbic Treatment to rid Pool of metal stains

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!, I did the ascorbic treatment and my pool liner looks FANTASTIC!!!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ascorbic Treatment to rid Pool of metal stains

Welcome to tfp, mini

Have you gotten a sequestrant in the pool to prevent the stain from reforming? It will also require maintenance doses.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Ascorbic Treatment to rid Pool of metal stains

Yes, I do. And I plan on doing maintenance doses. Thank You.....When I first had this problem I thought it was dirt scale. Until I came across this site. I tried the vitamin C test and the stain just disappeared. I didn't just have a small spot, this was all over the liner bottom. I got the asorbic acid in powder form. I started the process this weeked. I am amaised how well this works. I am very happy